Suunto Spartan Ultra is an advanced multisport GPS watch sporting a color touch screen, 100m (300ft) water resistance and up to 26h of battery life in training mode.
Compass & barometric altitude with FusedAlti™ ensure you always stay on course. With 80 pre-set sport modes and rich sport specific metrics Spartan Ultra is your ultimate training partner. Follow your progress with personal bests and train smarter with community training insights. Discover new routes on Suunto Movescount using heatmaps and let the watch route navigation guide you.
Spartan Ultra watches are hand-made in Finland and built to last in any conditions.
Buy now and benefit of extra year of warranty :
We are offering an extra year of warranty for all Suunto Spartan watches purchased in 2016. Buy now and benefit from 3 years of warranty coverage. The extra year can be applied by presenting proof of purchase dated in 2016 to a Suunto Authorized Service Center.
- 100m / 300ft water resistant
- Battery life of 18h with Full Power 1sec GPS fix rate delivering best GPS accuracy
- Battery life of 26h with Power Save 1sec GPS fix rate delivering good GPS accuracy
- Outdoor-grade color touch screen with 3 action pushers
- GPS tracking and route navigation (GLONASS support coming) : with real-time breadcrumb trail / with waypoints (coming)
- FusedAlti™ combining GPS and barometric altitude for accurate altitude information
- Digital tilt compensated compass
Suunto was created 1936 by Tuomas Vohlonen, when he developed the first portable and individual oil-bath compass. The company was quickly growing during the Second World War, providing compasses and other navigational instruments both in the civilian market and the military one. In 1996, Suunto acquires Recta AG, a Swiss manufacturer of compasses. In 1999, Suunto Oy is in turn acquired by Amer Sports. In addition to its own line of magnetic compasses and other measurement instruments, Suunto marketed a line of compasses manufactured in Switzerland by Recta AG, either under the name of Recta or that of Suunto. Nowadays, Suunto is known for its multi-functional electronic watches, which may, depending on the model, work as a compass, provide the news, the acceleration, the altitude, the effects of training and even serve as a GPS device. These watches exist for different sports such as skiing, hiking.