Reference : 368191
Reference : 309680
"Maximum power, minimum weight. Precision and stability associated with unmatched manoeuvrability", that is how the X-Drive skis are defined. Rather tempting, isn't it? The skis in this range incorporate indeed reinforcements only in critical areas for making the skis lighter and to obtain more precise and as versatile as possible all-mountain skis.
2015 novelty, the X-DRIVE 8.8 FS is the widest of the group as it is built on a waist of 88 mm. Ultra-versatile, it has an all-terrain Rocker 2.0 and is reinforced by an X frame in carbon as well as a RKS for power and precision. Precise and adventurer, this ski "erases the border between the high performance carving skis and the ski dedicated to the powder snow with rear support", says its manufacturer.
Construction & core
- Full sandwich construction
- 100% low density wood core: 15% lighter than the standard wood core
- All-terrain rocker 2.0: combination of precision and manoeuvrability. Support area: 90% Skiing on the edge / 70% flat ski.
- Chassis X: diagonal reinforcement in carbon in a middle portion of the ski which increases the torsional stiffness for increased grip and stability.
- RKS (Rocker Stabilizer): reinforcement in composite fibre which allows easy shock absorption and specific conduct of cornering.
- Single layer of laminate titanium
- Honeycomb tip: excellent manoeuvrability and flexible absorption of the inequalities of the ground.
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)|
Salomon was founded in 1947 in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, and is a French company specialising in sports and leisure goods.
Their products are distributed in more than 160 countries.
In 1947, Georges Salomon opened a small workshop making wood saws and ski edges in Old Annecy at the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern mountaineering. In a few years, due to the company's ingenuity, they emerged as the world leader in ski bindings before becoming an unrivalled brand selling sporting goods for winter sports and leisure activities.
In 1997, Salomon was purchased by Adidas and subsequently by the Amer Sports group in 2005.
Today the brand offers a wide range of products: winter sports, outdoor, sunglasses, trainers, clothing, etc. and is a market leader in all areas.