The X-Drive 8.8 FS from Salomon is the ultimate model in the X-DRIVE range developed for all-mountain skiing. It is designed for good skiers who particularly like carving on piste but never refuse a quick jaunt onto more adventurous terrain.
The model is therefore equipped with technologies that ensure high performance whatever the snow conditions..
With the X-Drive 8.8 FS, Salomon pushes the limits. Its poplar core and full sandwich construction combined with X-Chassis make it a very responsive and grippy ski on piste for cutting great turns.
Another aspect of the ski is the All-Terrain Rocker 2.0 reinforced by the RKS Rocker Stabilizer which offers it an excellent ability to take on off-piste terrain without altering its performance on hard snow.
Featuring Koroyd tips and lightweight and resistant materials, the X-Drive 8.8 FS has everything you need in the engine to charge quickly and confidently on all areas of the mountain.
In summary, it's a high-performance and responsive ski on piste, but also light and easy to handle for floating in powder.
- Full sandwich construction, twin tip: it combines full-length ABS sidewalls and laminated construction to make ski/snow contact more fluid and provides excellent adaptation of the ski to the terrain.
- Full low-density wood core: the top-of-the-range version of the full poplar wood core by Salomon, chosen by expert hands. He possesses the same resistance and the same performance for a weight gain of 15%.
- X-Chassis: Diagonal Carbon/Polyamide reinforcements on the middle section of the ski. This adds increased torsional stiffness and results in more powerful edge grip and better stability.
- RKS Rocker Stabilizer: 3D reinforcements in composite fibre in rocker-snow contact zones. Gives the skis with open rockers (allowing for better lift-off in powder), better control and edge grip on compact snow. - Basalt layer A basalt-fibre layer running the length of the ski offers remarkable cushioning against impacts and vibration.
- Koroyd tip and tail: Ultra-lightweight honeycomb structure for improved float. Reduced inertia for easier handling and better control. Furthermore, the cushioning is reinforced along with the shock resistance.
- All-terrain Rocker 2.0 offering a perfect combination of precision and handling for easy and precise control. Offers excellent absorption on uneven terrain and improved handling.
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
The new standard in freeski bindings : our legendary 3D driver toe piece, now updated for modern skis and skiing.
- Strong, durable and always reliable, Salomon Driver bindings have been trusted by the best Freeskiers in the world for over 30 years. The 3D driver toe concept has the longest elastic travel of the market and XL wings, meaning more confidence on steep, rugged descents. NOW REDESIGNED FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF SKIERS AND SKIS… wider, offering a more progressive feel and WTR compatible, the STH² combines the best of Salomon's top freeskiing binding technologies.
- Unmatched freeskiing performance.
- Strong & precise.
- More versatility.
- Micro Simultaneous wings adjustement / Extra long wings / Manual height toe adjustment
- XL Stomp pedal (60mm)
- WTR (Walk To Ride) / Adult norms
- Oversized platform / Low profile Chassis / Heel Flex Interface / Strong Heel / +Elastic travel / Progressive Transfer pads / 3D Driver Toe
- High Lateral Transmission
Salomon was founded in 1947 in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, and is a French company specialising in sports and leisure goods.
Their products are distributed in more than 160 countries.
In 1947, Georges Salomon opened a small workshop making wood saws and ski edges in Old Annecy at the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern mountaineering. In a few years, due to the company's ingenuity, they emerged as the world leader in ski bindings before becoming an unrivalled brand selling sporting goods for winter sports and leisure activities.
In 1997, Salomon was purchased by Adidas and subsequently by the Amer Sports group in 2005.
Today the brand offers a wide range of products: winter sports, outdoor, sunglasses, trainers, clothing, etc. and is a market leader in all areas.