Reference : 391427
Reference : AD5001338
The X-Drive 8.8 FS from Salomon is the ultimate model in the X-DRIVE range developed for all-mountain skiing. It is designed for good skiers who particularly like carving on piste but never refuse a quick jaunt onto more adventurous terrain.
The model is therefore equipped with technologies that ensure high performance whatever the snow conditions..
With the X-Drive 8.8 FS, Salomon pushes the limits. Its poplar core and full sandwich construction combined with X-Chassis make it a very responsive and grippy ski on piste for cutting great turns.
Another aspect of the ski is the All-Terrain Rocker 2.0 reinforced by the RKS Rocker Stabilizer which offers it an excellent ability to take on off-piste terrain without altering its performance on hard snow.
Featuring Koroyd tips and lightweight and resistant materials, the X-Drive 8.8 FS has everything you need in the engine to charge quickly and confidently on all areas of the mountain.
In summary, it's a high-performance and responsive ski on piste, but also light and easy to handle for floating in powder.
- Full sandwich construction, twin tip: it combines full-length ABS sidewalls and laminated construction to make ski/snow contact more fluid and provides excellent adaptation of the ski to the terrain.
- Full low-density wood core: the top-of-the-range version of the full poplar wood core by Salomon, chosen by expert hands. He possesses the same resistance and the same performance for a weight gain of 15%.
- X-Chassis: Diagonal Carbon/Polyamide reinforcements on the middle section of the ski. This adds increased torsional stiffness and results in more powerful edge grip and better stability.
- RKS Rocker Stabilizer: 3D reinforcements in composite fibre in rocker-snow contact zones. Gives the skis with open rockers (allowing for better lift-off in powder), better control and edge grip on compact snow. - Basalt layer A basalt-fibre layer running the length of the ski offers remarkable cushioning against impacts and vibration.
- Koroyd tip and tail: Ultra-lightweight honeycomb structure for improved float. Reduced inertia for easier handling and better control. Furthermore, the cushioning is reinforced along with the shock resistance.
- All-terrain Rocker 2.0 offering a perfect combination of precision and handling for easy and precise control. Offers excellent absorption on uneven terrain and improved handling.
|Size||Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
"The new benchmark for freeski bindings", its manufacturer proudly announces.
In the STH2 WTR 13, Atomic combines its legendary DRIVER toe with the heel of the Guardian to offer a binding that can retransmit the slightest movement to wide skis while being more accessible than the STH2 WTR 16 model reserved for pro skiers.
A low profile, long fins, a broad platform and Heel Flex interface allow control of the widest skis and provide outstanding transmission and downhill performance.
The STH2 WTR is compatible with Salomon outsoles (WTR technology).
Note: if the binding is purchased alone it comes without brakes. Ski brakes C90, C100, C115 and C130 are available separately.
- DIN value: 5-13
- Standards: Certified ISO 5355 Alpine and WTR
- Sole compatible with the WTR system (Walk-to-Ride)
.- Height: 24mm
- XL Stomp Pedal (65mm) wide fixed pedal ensures optimum power transmission from skier to ski
.- XL Wings: better engagement of the boot: increased confidence with easier fit in powder. Better lateral power transmission.
- Oversized Platform: an extra-large platform (71mm) ensures maximum lateral power transmission
.- 3D Driver Toe: Patented toe concept ensuring multidirectional release options
.- Elastic Travel: unparalleled elasticity maintains the binding in place, keeping you in when you want, letting you out when you need, and ensuring a smooth ride
.- Heel Flex Interface: guarantees a natural flex of the ski
- Low Profile Chassis: low profile for a better feel of the terrain and enhanced power transmission.
.- Progressive Transfer Pads: consistent feel with enhanced cushioning and increased tolerance in a secure binding
- bindings delivered without ski brake. Ski brakes C90, C100, C115 and C130 are available separately.
Salomon was founded in 1947 in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, and is a French company specialising in sports and leisure goods.
Their products are distributed in more than 160 countries.
In 1947, Georges Salomon opened a small workshop making wood saws and ski edges in Old Annecy at the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern mountaineering. In a few years, due to the company's ingenuity, they emerged as the world leader in ski bindings before becoming an unrivalled brand selling sporting goods for winter sports and leisure activities.
In 1997, Salomon was purchased by Adidas and subsequently by the Amer Sports group in 2005.
Today the brand offers a wide range of products: winter sports, outdoor, sunglasses, trainers, clothing, etc. and is a market leader in all areas.