History is in motion at Salomon in 2017 with the fusion of the Rocker and Quest ranges, which is spawning a whole new generation of skis, the QST, designed for All-Mountain skiing.
Designed for demanding skiers looking for a versatile and uncompromising ski, the QST 85 is the most typical piste ski in the new range.
Its Semi-sandwich construction and its Space Frame 3.0 AMB structure gives it very good grip on hard snow and unparalleled handling in softer snow. It features a wood core reinforced with a CFX Super fiber layer in carbon and flax which gives the ski responsiveness and excellent cushioning to commit in confidence on all snows with a lighter ski.
The QST is therefore a reassuring ski on piste that creates new All-Mountain experiences, developed by Salomon for all-terrain ski fanatics.
- Semi-sandwich construction: A combination of ABS sidewalls in the middle of the ski and monocoque construction in the tip and tail. For excellent grip under foot and improved handling compared to complete sandwich constructions.
- Space Frame 3.0 AMB: Combines three Salomon technologies. The Space Frame core, Power Platform Ti with a titanium insert from one edge to the other for maximum power under foot, and excellent grip on hard snow and the CFX Super FIbre layer composed of carbon and flax which provides resistance and cushioning. The combination of these three fabrication procedures improves the ski's performance on hard and soft snow, the perfect structure for All-Mountain skiing.
- Wood core: wood incorporated into the core offers stability on snow and rebound. It also softens ski/snow contact and reduces vibrations.
- Hook Free taper: the ski is equipped with sidecuts at 5 points which provides a tapered shape in the tip and the tail and narrows at the ends. These sidecuts offer easier turn-initiations and control in soft and variable snow.
- All-terrain Rocker 2.0 offering a perfect combination of precision and handling for easy and precise control. Offers excellent absorption of uneven terrain and improved handling.
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
Salomon was founded in 1947 in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, and is a French company specialising in sports and leisure goods.
Their products are distributed in more than 160 countries.
In 1947, Georges Salomon opened a small workshop making wood saws and ski edges in Old Annecy at the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern mountaineering. In a few years, due to the company's ingenuity, they emerged as the world leader in ski bindings before becoming an unrivalled brand selling sporting goods for winter sports and leisure activities.
In 1997, Salomon was purchased by Adidas and subsequently by the Amer Sports group in 2005.
Today the brand offers a wide range of products: winter sports, outdoor, sunglasses, trainers, clothing, etc. and is a market leader in all areas.