The TALKBACK 88 ECORE by the American brand K2 is a touring ski designed for those who place importance on an effective ascent without forgetting the joy of the descent.
The new balsa wood and linen fibre core has made the ski even lighter for the ascent. The perfect sized base means you can reply on powerful, predictable performance on hard snow, whether you are ascending or descending, and the sidewalls provide great precision on hard snow along with good edge grip.
The shape of the tips and the All-terrain rocker provide easy handling and regularity, whether you are in the forest or on virgin snow.
An improved, no frills version of a classic model, for great performance both ascending and descending.
-ECOre: a light eco-friendly balsa wood core, with integrated linen fibres for better shock absorption.
- Skin grommets: skin bindings at both ends of the ski. Holes are covered and can be opened with a flat-head screwdriver so you can use them when heading cross-country. They are mainly aimed for attaching skins but can also be used to make an emergency makeshift sledge in the backcountry terrain or as anchor supports in the snow.
- Z-Clip Skin Attachment: a stable centre attachment which reduces weight and makes putting on and taking off skins easier.
- All-Terrain Rocker: the tip is slightly raised for more versatility and ease of use in all conditions.
- Hybritech Sidewalls: Hybritech is a unique blend of "cap" construction and straight sidewall construction. It combines the precision, power and performance of the sidewalls under the foot, providing light, easy entry into turns which is a key feature of "cap" construction skis.
- Carbon Web: carbon braiding on the front and back of the ski to add torsional rigidity without adding weight.
- Tapered Tip/Tail: the widest point of the tip is further back towards the middle of the ski. This means weight at the front is reduced and you are less likely to get stuck in wet or variable snow. A shaped tail means you can finish your turns easily as you have a better feel and will feel more confident.
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)||Unit weight|
The GUIDE XS is destined for smaller body types starting at 35kg. Always as versatile, robust, lightweight and adjustable, it is available with or without brakes.
|Size||Weight (g)||Unit weight|
K2 was founded in 1961 by brothers Bill and Don Kirschner on Vashon Island, near Seattle, USA.
K2 is known for their pioneering fiberglass ski technology, which made their skis significantly lighter and more responsive than their contemporaries who were using metal and wood.
The #1 manufacturer in the United States, this unique American brand is known for its innovative products that offer a range of wide and new-school skis usually with rocker tips.
The K2Sport group includes K2Skis, K2Snowboard and Line, Full-Tilt, Ride, Morrow and Madshus. It is part of Jarden group which includes brands such as Völkl, Marker, and also very different fields with Camping Gaz, Mapa and Spontex.