The POTION 98 TI is a freeride ski that pleased a number of female freeriders. It is great for stability, maneuverability and performance. Its tapered tip and tail as well as its triple-essence wooden core give it great agility and light weight. The All-terrain rocker is also very versatile, making the ski equally maneuverable on soft and hard snow. Skiers looking for thrill will have fun carving curves in fresh snow with this equipment.
- Poplar/Paulownia/maple core
- All Terrain Rocker: This Rocker has been developed to be used in all snow conditions. The raised tip improves performance on variable and soft snow and facilitates the release curve, while the camber underfoot provides power, energy and edge grip on hard snow needed.
- Metal Laminate: It features two sheets of ultralight titanium alloy applied on the whole length of the ski. Laminated-metal skis are the most efficient and complex technology of the K2 range. This construction includes glass fiber and titanium layers over and below the wood starting at the ski's sole. The laminated metal provides cushioning, precision and flawless performance for the expert skiers.
- Hybritech Sidewall: - Hybritech is a unique blend of "cap" construction and construction with straight edges. It combines the accuracy, power, and performance of the edges under the feet with the lightness and ease of cornering that characterizes the skis with "cap" construction.
- Skin Grommets : All the Adventure skis are provided with a hole at both ends. The holes are covered, and can be opened simply with a flat-head screw, for use in ski touring. They are primarily designed for the installation of skins, but can also be used in the manufacture of a rescue sledge in backcountry, and also for marking support points in the snow.
- Tapered tip and tail
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
Salomon's proven performance in freeriding is now associated with ride & hike technology.
Little sister of the now famous GUARDIAN 16 binding, it offers the same advantages such as a low profile and wide platform ensuring more efficient control and transmission, but also offers a wider range of adjustment: DIN 5 to 13.
- Certified Alpine ISO 5355 and WTR
FREESKI BRAKE : Self retracting brakes: adapted to modern skis and practices, eliminates hang ups on switch landings.
XL PEDAL (65) : A large fixed pedal ensures optimal power transfer from skier to ski.
RIDE & HIKE SYSTEM : A system to switch effortlessly from Hike to Ride mode without ever getting out of the binding.
LOW PROFILE CHASSIS : Low Profile for a better feel of the terrain and increased power transfer.
OVERSIZED PLATFORM : ultra-wide base for maximum lateral power transmission.
COMPATIBILITY OF BASE WITH WTR (WALK-TO-RIDE) SYSTEM : Walking is easier without sacrificing anything in terms of safety or performance, thanks to compatibility with the TÜV approved walking baseplate.
AUTOMATIC WING ADJUSTMENT : No manipulation. Automatic adjustment by step-in. You can forget but nevertheless trust your binding!
- HIGH LATERAL TRANSMISSION : Precision and increased control to push the limits of your performance.
|Weight (g)||Unit weight||V_T_longueur_semelle_min-max|
K2 was founded in 1961 by brothers Bill and Don Kirschner on Vashon Island, near Seattle, USA.
K2 is known for their pioneering fiberglass ski technology, which made their skis significantly lighter and more responsive than their contemporaries who were using metal and wood.
The #1 manufacturer in the United States, this unique American brand is known for its innovative products that offer a range of wide and new-school skis usually with rocker tips.
The K2Sport group includes K2Skis, K2Snowboard and Line, Full-Tilt, Ride, Morrow and Madshus. It is part of Jarden group which includes brands such as Völkl, Marker, and also very different fields with Camping Gaz, Mapa and Spontex.