The POTION 98 TI is a freeride ski that pleased a number of female freeriders. It is great for stability, maneuverability and performance. Its tapered tip and tail as well as its triple-essence wooden core give it great agility and light weight. The All-terrain rocker is also very versatile, making the ski equally maneuverable on soft and hard snow. Skiers looking for thrill will have fun carving curves in fresh snow with this equipment.
- Poplar/Paulownia/maple core
- All Terrain Rocker: This Rocker has been developed to be used in all snow conditions. The raised tip improves performance on variable and soft snow and facilitates the release curve, while the camber underfoot provides power, energy and edge grip on hard snow needed.
- Metal Laminate: It features two sheets of ultralight titanium alloy applied on the whole length of the ski. Laminated-metal skis are the most efficient and complex technology of the K2 range. This construction includes glass fiber and titanium layers over and below the wood starting at the ski's sole. The laminated metal provides cushioning, precision and flawless performance for the expert skiers.
- Hybritech Sidewall: - Hybritech is a unique blend of "cap" construction and construction with straight edges. It combines the accuracy, power, and performance of the edges under the feet with the lightness and ease of cornering that characterizes the skis with "cap" construction.
- Skin Grommets : All the Adventure skis are provided with a hole at both ends. The holes are covered, and can be opened simply with a flat-head screw, for use in ski touring. They are primarily designed for the installation of skins, but can also be used in the manufacture of a rescue sledge in backcountry, and also for marking support points in the snow.
- Tapered tip and tail
|Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
Griffon has the same features of the Jester but is optimized for younger and lighter skiers. The Griffon is equipped with fixing screws resistant to tearing and centralized weight balance: the spring of the toe box in cross position and the compact design enable getting a particularly short fixation ideal for all kinds of rotations.
Recommended for skis over 76mm.
- DIN 4 to 13
- Triple Pivot Elite Toe : The toe construction with DIN/ISO up to Z 18 allows for impressive retentions when freeriding. The spring in the toe is inserted horizontally and with a sole plate inclined by 5° it provides the highest energy absorption so as to reduce the risk of early release. A large surface optimises the power transfer and allows high energy use. The toe pieces with this technology deliver an unparalleled level of performance in relation to their weight.
- Inter-Pivot Heel Piece : The stunning heel construction delivers superior holding power for free riding, featuring DIN/ISO6-16. The Inter Pivot Heel directs the power forces in the angle of elasticity improving the holding power and reducing pre-releases.
- AFD Stainless Steel : All MARKER bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device) leading to a highly precise release almost entirely unhindered by dirt, snow and ice! Adjustment of the AFD to the area of application ensures perfect functionality - from racing,for children’s bindings or on ski tours.
|Weight (g)||Unit weight|
K2 was founded in 1961 by brothers Bill and Don Kirschner on Vashon Island, near Seattle, USA.
K2 is known for their pioneering fiberglass ski technology, which made their skis significantly lighter and more responsive than their contemporaries who were using metal and wood.
The #1 manufacturer in the United States, this unique American brand is known for its innovative products that offer a range of wide and new-school skis usually with rocker tips.
The K2Sport group includes K2Skis, K2Snowboard and Line, Full-Tilt, Ride, Morrow and Madshus. It is part of Jarden group which includes brands such as Völkl, Marker, and also very different fields with Camping Gaz, Mapa and Spontex.