The Hovercraft Splitboard truly shines in the backcountry. It’s nimble, squat shape provides the float of a much longer board but the short running length makes it super maneuverable in the tight trees and lighter on your legs skinning up.
The blunt nose and directional rocker of the Hovercraft keep you surfin’ on top of the soft stuff, while the stiff tail keeps you stable through any unexpected crust. For added edge grip on ascent or descent, the Hovercraft Splitboard has inner/outer edge Traction Tech. The Hovercraft Splitboard also features stainless steel tip and tail reinforcement plates for added durability plus a sustainably harvested bamboo topsheet for added ECO-performance.
- Directional Rocker : A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch..
- Traction Tech : Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Blunt Nose
- Progressive Sidecut : At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Quick Tension Tail Clip : Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
- Directional Shape / Swallow Tail
- Stiffness 07/10
- Sintered 7000 : Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Wend Natural Wax : Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Classic Core : Full wood premium slovenian poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass : A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Factory Tuned : All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls : ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Oversized Recycled Edges : All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Karakoram STD. Clip : Jones Splitboards feature Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness.
- Stainless Steel Hardware : Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Bamboo Topsheet : Thin wood veneer layer offers even flex and sucks up chatter from uneven snow conditions.
- Fusion Tech : Jones exclusive production process allows traditional topsheet layer to be replaced with ultra durable epoxy layer saving weight and material.
|Size||Tip (mm)||Waist (mm)||Tail (mm)||Radius (m)||Weight (g)|
Built to minimize the time it takes to convert from climb mode to ride mode, the Union Split System is not only simple to use, but the unique connection between binding and board also maintains the torsional strength of your splitboard. This gives you the performance you expect from your snowboard along with the performance you expect from Union.
- TOTALLY UNION:
Zero compromises were made to our "ride mode" interface when designing around the function required for touring.
- READY OUT OF THE BOX :
Expedition bindings come with everything you need, right inside the box. Easy mounting and ready to shred, there is no need for 3rd party pucks and/or complicated parts to assemble.
|Weight (g)||EU shoe size||MP shoe size|
Founded in 2010 by the mythical freerider Jeremy Jones, the Jones Snowboards brand is a freeride focused brand with the aim of producing the best snowboards of the market. You quickly realize that the Jones brand is a freeride trademark by the fact that there is a splitboard version for each of the proposed boards. The most famous Jones boards are the Flagship (Mothership for women), The Hovercraft and the Mountain Twin. Jones also proposes an all-mountain/freestyle board: the Aviator.